Saturday, May 22, 2010

Birth of Our Sunshine


10th September 2009 is the day I will always cherish for the rest of my life. The happiest day of our life. The day I got to hold my precious baby boy Akif. The day I became a “mom”. It was 20th of Ramzan. I was looking when the doctor took him out and handed him to the nurse. I turned my head to see the sex of the baby but all I saw was his head. When asked, doctor told me it was a boy. He didn’t tell me because he thought I would know as nowadays everyone knows the sex of the baby before they are born. I wanted a baby; sex didn’t matter as long as the baby was healthy. The nurse brought him to me after he was cleaned and when I looked at him tears started flowing. The blanket wrapped tightly and all I could see was his beautiful face. So pure. Such innocence. Never seen anything as beautiful as him. I m sure I am not the only mom who feels this way.


Our precious little angel. The very first day of his life.Look at those tiny fingers. I just love them.

I knew about my pregnancy on 10th January 2009. We have wanted a baby madly. I quit office way before I got pregnant so I could rest while I m pregnant and I did restJ. I dreamt of wearing cute clothes and look beautiful as that’s how I see pregnant people in films. But it never happens in real life. Anyway not with me. I had a huge tummy and I looked like a big whale by the time I was due. My nose is normally big; just imagine double the size of it. No matter how much I take showers I always felt grubby. My feet and hands were puffy, I had to take the rings I wore and it easily went numb. I was most irritated with heartburning. Ahmed would go downstairs and bring me ice cream at midnight. That’s the only way the heartburning would stop.



Us on our 4th wedding anniversary. I was 4mnths pregnant at the time.

The most wonderful thing about pregnancy was the kicks. The first time when he kicked I was so excited that I wanted him to kick again and again so I could show everyone. And the worst thing is when he doesn’t kick. I and Ahmed go crazy every time the kicks get delayed. We keep praying and he will kick harder than before. which was such a relief. We felt very protective as we have lost one and wanted this baby so badly.

I have always loved shopping for babies. But when my time came I was way too tired to do anything. I felt so heavy and moving around was hard. And when I finished shopping I wanted to wash those teeny tiny clothes. I waited till I was 8months to wash those colorful clothes. It was that day’s laundry I enjoyed most. I wanted to do that laundry myself but as always Ahmed helped me. That day turned out to be rainy day so we had to hang those clothes in my room and every time I see them my heart flew with joy.



Mummy's angel. Look at the way he is staring.


Proud mummy with the best gift ever :)


Mummy and Daddy waiting for Baby's Arrival

Everyone is ready to help when you come across a pregnant person, even I did. But I knew how it felt only when I got pregnant. If I had known before I would have helped extra than before. Now I know why they say you’ll never know about something you have never experienced.

Though I had a little bit complicated pregnancy I loved every minute of being pregnant. All the problems were worth it. But I wouldn’t have done it alone. So I want to thank all those who were there for me. I got a lot of help from many people from Ahmed’s family and my family and most of all from Ahmed.

Here are some people I want to thank

Ahmed : For taking care of me so well, for doing all the room chores, for doing laundry when my sister didn’t come, for bringing me food to bed when doctor advised strict bed rest, for staying up with me when I couldn’t sleep, for always being there when I needed you and for loving me even when I felt miserable.

Aisdhatha: For taking care of me and Ahmed while you are so busy at office with two kids. For buying those cute cute things for baby Akif, for assisting me when I needed, for caring me like your own sister, for the encouraging words and for simply being there.

Mom: For making and sending me my favorite foods. For doing everything you could to make me comfortable. For always being there for me when I needed. I see you in a very different angle now. I love you more now. Getting pregnant made me respect you.

Ahmed’s mom: For seeing how I was doing, for making me a part of your family, for advising me on things I didn’t know. Even if I were living with my own mom she would treat me the exact way. I respect and love you like my own.

Dhontha: For always being there, for the clothes you stitched, for coming and making my day and for those sisterly conversations I longed for.

Fathdhatha: For staying up with me in hospital.

Kokko: For doing our laundry and for always being there when I needed some help. You are a great younger sister.

Kanbulo: For doing our laundry after I delivered. Guess it’s my time next huh!

Shehe: For keeping in touch with me throughout my pregnancy, for always being there when I needed someone to talk to.

Dhym,Naxu,Marikko:For being the world’s best best friends. For helping out with my problems this one’s for u dhym ;).

Anty: For taking care of me when i was alone at home. Gonna miss u a lot when u leave. You are a great girl.




























No comments:

Post a Comment