Thursday, May 13, 2010

Our 5th Wedding Anniversary


I had the best anniversary this year as this is the first anniversary we got to celebrate with our sweet little angel. We have been together since 1st May 1999. It’s been the most wonderful 11 years of my life. A beautiful marriage like the one I dreamt while I was little.

As I have mentioned before we have know each other since we were kids. I used to call him brother as our families are very close, almost like relatives. It sounds funny now.When he was 13 years he left to India for studies with his family. After 5 years they came to male’ for holidays and I spent the whole time with them. I would go home only to take baths, for school or sleep. I love hanging around with them. I was very little by that time.


It was the second time the MAGIC happened. He would stare at me but won’t say anything. He speaks rarely. It was on 1st may 1999 afternoon that he asked me out. I waited till night and said a yes which was not the answer I was going to give but I couldn’t say no looking at him, a yes just popped out which was the mistake I did which I m happy I did and never would regret. I was 15 years by then. He left after 12 days and we only wrote letters. I would get a letter every month once or sometimes twice as those days the post didn’t work like nowadays. Internet also was rare. He came back after almost 1 year and we celebrated our very first anniversary together. He left again after 1 week and didn’t come back for a long long time. It was then I started missing him like crazy. That was when I fell deeply in Love with him. I would wake up at midnight and read the letters he had sent me. I know all those letters by heart even now. Those sweet words always ran in my mind.


After 2 years internet was known and cyber cafĂ© were opened. Then we started chatting and mailing through internet but not very often, as we both were studying and asking our parents for money was not something we wanted. I collected my interval money and spend them on cyber cafe’s. A long distance relationship worked well with us. We never ever had a problem. Our love was growing strong and strong with each passing day.


Almost after 4 years he came to renew his visa and decided that he won’t be going back. I was working in ADK as a dental assistant. He will come to fetch me every night and he never was late. He would always be there before 5 minutes and never did he skip a day. He was amazing. I was falling over and over for him. It felt like I was falling into a very very deep well which had no end.


We married on 1st may 2005 which was a Sunday. Exactly after 6 years we have been together. This marriage has brought me so much happiness, learnt what life is and being with him brings the best in me.


Before I became pregnant, we used to go out for dinner on 1st of every month to celebrate our anniversary. No matter how tired we are, we always managed to go out those nights.


This time it was extremely special for me and my husband as our baby was joining us. We went to Symphony restaurant for an early evening dinner as Ahmed and I were fasting. After we came home from dinner we cut the cake. With a fabulous dinner and a great cake, the day ended perfectly.


God has blessed me with such a great husband that no matter how much I thank him, it won’t be enough. Thank You Ahmed for being the best husband ever. I love you with all my heart.



Baby Akif having the first bite of the cake from mummy and daddy

Three of us cutting the cake but Akif looking at his grandma who was siting on the stairs.

Our 5th Anniversary cake

Baby Akif at dinner

Seeing this pic it reminded me of this sms ahmed sent me while i was at office one day."If someone would ask me what a beautiful life means, I would lean my head on your shoulder, hold you close to me and answer with a smile, “Like this.”

us


Us with our little angel. Look at that mischievous smile :)




No comments:

Post a Comment